LocationDirections to Desert Harbor
Take I-40 East to exit 175 (NM-14 North, Turquoise Trail, Toward Cedar Crest)
Go 14.5 miles North on Route 14. You will pass…
- Through Cedar Crest
- The highway to the Sandia Crest (on left)
- Frost Rd. (on right)
- Paako housing development (on left)
- San Pedro creek (on left)
- San Pedro overlook (on left)
- (Puertocito road is a dirt road. There is a yellow metal building at this corner. If you reach the town of Golden, you have gone too far.)
From Santa Fe:
Take I-25 South to exit 278A (NM-14 South, Cerrillos Rd, Turquoise Trail, Toward Madrid)
Going South on 14. You will pass...
- Through Cerrillos
- Through Madrid
- Through Golden
- (Puertocito road is a dirt road. There is a yellow metal building at this corner. If you reach San Pedro overlook, you have gone too far.)
From Puertocito Rd:
You will be on Puertocito Rd. for 4.5 miles. In addition to clocking your miles you will want to begin to count cattle guards. The gate to the private road in which Desert Harbor is located is the first one on the right after the fourth cattle guard. You will pass…
- A few homes and shacks, including a horse pen
- Cattle guard number one
- A couple of miles of uninhabited desert prairie
- Drop down into canyon
- Cattle guard number two
- Ruidoso Rd. (on right, keep left)
- Cattle guard number three
- Demetrio Rd. (on left, stay straight)
- Old windmill and old beige Ford truck (on left)
- Cattle guard number four
Follow this road past a red home on left, horses on the left, and a yellow home on the right. Shortly thereafter, you will see our sign and boulder entry. Continue on to the car park area on the right. Follow gravel path on the right up to the main house. We will be expecting you, but feel free to knock on the carved door if you don't see us first.
We will be happy to help you carry your luggage to the guest cottage and give you a brief tour.
If we have previously discussed a self check-in, then follow these directions to the cottage:
Follow path on the right side of parking area up and to the right of the main house. Continue on gravel path toward cliffs, over two wooden bridges until you arrive at the cottage.